2. I have a younger sister, Emily, who is much funnier and prettier than me, and two parents who love me, Patti and Jim.
3. I have three dogs: Lilly, Toby and Bailey. Lilly is blind and deaf, so naturally our affectionate nickname for her is Helen Keller (Helen for short). Toby is your typical alfa male with a serious small-dog/Napoleon complex. And Bailey enjoys communicating with Helen by relentlessly licking her face, despite Helen’s constant, snarly objections.
4. I was a competitive baton twirler for 14 years, winning silver and bronze medals at the international level and ultimately performed with the Michigan Marching Band in front of 100,000 people in The Big House for four years.
5. I’ve been to England, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Guatemala, and Canada. I slept my way through France on an overnight train…but I don’t think that counts.
6. I’ve been to 32/50 US states, and I refuse to die until I’ve set foot in the rest of ’em.
7. I played piano and saxophone growing up, and I reconnect with my musical roots when the mood strikes me (every few months with piano, every few years with saxophone).
8. I think Tiny Houses are the coolest dwellings in the world, and I would love to live in one in the future.
9. I collect watches.
11. Despite my outgoing personality and love for trying new things, I’m an introvert at heart. Some might call me “selectively social.”
12. I enjoy workout activities that distract you from the fact that you’re exercising (like biking, yoga, and rock climbing).
13. I have an insatiable sweet tooth.
14. I enjoy watching endless re-runs of Burn Notice, Law & Order: SVU, and Criminal Minds–no matter how many times I’ve already seen the episode. I’ve also binge watched LOST and Bones for days at a time without regret.
15. I can neither confirm nor deny that I watch ABC’s The Bachelor/The Bachelorette with my mother.
16. I quote lines from “Friends” on a daily basis.
17. I’m terrible at football and basketball, and have never even attempted to play hockey. Contact sports terrify me.
18. I’m awesome at memorizing song lyrics but not so great at singing them.
19. I routinely make corny jokes and I’m usually the only one who finds them punny.
20. I like doing really tedious activities like puzzles and time-consuming art projects.
21. I don’t like reading a book more than once.
22. Despite being an acting major in school, I’ve seen very few of “the classics.” It’s not that I don’t have an interest in movies, it’s just not where I spend my time. I’m also terrible at knowing actors’ and directors’ names, and I’m perfectly fine with that.
23. I’m probably going to die of gout one day because I love eating meat.
24. While working at The Purple Rose Theatre Company, I got to meet Jeff Daniels and hold the Emmy he won for his performance on HBO’s The Newsroom.
25. I’m turning 25 this year.