Before you submit your documents to EPIK, make sure you have the following.
- Completed and signed EPIK Application
- Notarized and apostilled copy of college diploma
- Apostilled FBI Criminal Background Check
- Sealed university transcripts (4 copies)
- Passport photos (at least 6)
- Photocopy of passport (first page only)
- Additional documents as they apply to you:
- Proof of Teaching Experience Letter
- Birth Certificate, if you’re UK or Australian (see why here)
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- Declaration of intended completion for: TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, College diploma if you don’t have it yet
- Teaching certificate copy
- Marriage certificate copy
- Tattoo and Piercing Sworn Declaration
The above is based on my experience applying to work for EPIK and is supplemented by information found on the Reach to Teach Recruiting website. While it is possible to apply to, and be accepted by, EPIK without the aid of a recruiter, I highly recommend working with one, as they know the in’s and out’s of the process best and will provide invaluable assistance to make sure nothing goes wrong along the way!